Saturday, June 28, 2008

Was it worth it??

Isn't this what you wonder every time you decide to have a yard sale as you are pricing and sifting through "stuff"?
Well here we are saying it sure was! It was 2 long days of heat, sunburns, popsicles, early mornings, late nights, and bartering. Even after all tha we feel great cuz we made out like bandits! The cool thing is is that we really did have cheap cheap prices but we had so much crap, I mean treasures that we made quite a little bundle!
I have to say I am very proud of my sister in law BECKY for going out of her comfort zone and letting go of a LOAD of stuff! Seeing some of her mom's things go was hard for her I am sure, but she did it like a champ!
The kids had themselves a great time selling popsicles and water. They each made 5 bucks and have a list of what they are going to buy with it. (we threw in a few bucks since we each stole a few waters and popsicles when they weren't looking)

They relaxed a bit on the trusty hammock.

They played MOST the day away in the pool/slide and trampoline/sprinkler combo. (i secretly wanted to hop in that cold water myself and would have if I wasn't trying to help Becky out)
I wish we could have gotten some pictures of the load we had the first day! It was almost overwhelming. As you know my mom owns a home decor store so we got some really cool stuff from her that was either a little bent up or warped or just sat for awhile and with in an hour all her cool stuff was gone! My favorite thing she gave us to sell at this Yard Sale was an opened bag of Depends!
WHAT THE?!?! (they were my gpa's and when he died she was going to give them to another elderly woman and she died, then their was one more older man that used them that she was going to give them to and HE died too. That is when she decided to stop trying to give them to someone) If you wish you had them, you can pick them up at D.I. in Rexburg!
Thanks to all you thrifters for coming to support us burnt mommas!

9 comments:

Bobbi said...

AWESOME!! I am glad you guys did so well for having to work so hard.
I love you and Becky's rosy red noses in the 1st picture. I bet you two have the best tans (or sun burns).

Becky said...

I'm crying from laughing so hard!! It was definetly work... but I love the money! (and I seem to be missing some clutter!!) I love ya to death... thanks for kicking off this whole process!!

Lucy said...

You girls are die hards for sure! Way to pull it off. I'll bet you're both taking it easy right now, though........Betcha you're TIRED.

Kim-may said...

hey how much do you want for those depends? lee has ran around the streets of rexburg with them, so mayeb for his bday we can make that happen again...
let me know...

Maegan said...

Geez, I hope nobody tries to rob ya after seeing all of the mula your flashin'! Good job on the garage sale! Looks like you two made some good memories!

Becca's Blog said...

Ha. I love that picture of you two with the cash. I'm glad it was a success. It looked like your kids were having fun too so it was probably worth it.

Cassie said...

Why do I have the song from Pete's Dragon..."Money, Money, Money By the Pound" running through my head?
I'm so glad you had a fun & successful weekend.

Bobbi said...

For some reason when I think of "Pete's Dragon", I think of the song..."I'll be your candle on the Water" It's an all time favorite! I know that has nothing to do with your post, but I had to comment on Cassie's comment.

brandy said...

Hi! My name is brandy and I'm Becky's step sister (Pat's daughter). I just wanted to say GOOD JOB!! I think you both have inspired us all to dig out our junk and get rid of it!!! Now the question is....what are going to spulrge on with the $$$$$ ca-ching?