Sunday, June 29, 2008

A good Sunday

Today was a beautiful day! It started with a nice slow morning, with church at 11. I called my mom to ask her something and thought "Hey wanna come to dinner?" So luckily they didn't have any other plans and were here by 5pm!
We had a great time even with the kids running circles around us the entire time!
The menu was, Steaks on the grill (great job Lane!) Kitty's famous potato casserole. Corn off the cob. Green beans. A tossed salad. Macaroni salad. And a VERY delicious chocolate cake (Thanks Mom!) As a matter of fact, she left a bunch here for us so I am going to go ahead and help myself to another! Thanks again for coming Jay and Lucy! You looked like young love birds driving away in your '65 Stang!
Come again!

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Thanks Audrey & Lane. What good cooks you are! It's always fun to eat somewhere else. We had a great time on such a beautiful day. Good food, good visit, and we thought the boys played together well. (The car ride there almost got unbearable with no A/C. Especially after I figured out on the way home that the heater was on full blast, and won't go off. Next time I'm riding in the back seat.) But riding with the windows down made us feel like we were back in the 60's for sure.

Nash said...

I love that picture and I am bummed cause I wanted steak tonight with potatoes.
Can we please come next time?

Mardi said...

How fun to invite the parents over and cook them a meal in your own house! I think it sounds like a blast. I invited mine too, but that would require hopping on a jet plane...maybe next year! haha.

Unknown said...

they do look like little love birds! what a hot momma you have! :)

Becky said...

How fun!! I think I'm in love with that car!!

merlene said...

Ausdey what a fun day!! It's great your Dad has a few extra minutes on sunday now!! What a cute picture of the in thier hot red Mustang, what special people they are!!