Everyone in the church knows who has ever prepared a talk how many amazing quotes and stories our dear little Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley has left us with. I have been on a reading rampage so that I won't ever forget how AMAZING Pres. Hinckley is. As I am reading a bunch of material I find this and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is from Marjorie, his wife. I want to be more like her cuz she was just as awesome as her husband!
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." -Marjorie Pay Hinckley, wife of the prophet.
Makes ya want that too doesn't it?!?
7 comments:
I heart Gordon B!
I just got the package today. With all the rain that we've had here the last 2 weeks it was like a ray of sunshine was left on my front porch. I liked all the pictures and treats that were left behind. The pics are up on my frig. Cole the chocolate marks aren't soo bad. May not even wash it before I wear it. Hehehehehe
Thanks again Audge!
That is an amazing quote by an even more amazing lady. It makes me think of all the service I should be doing!!
I love that quote!
Alan has used that quote in church talks and at funerals more than once. It is great.
amen and amen. we are lucky to have been apart of their lives
gosh I feel like such a lazy bum after reading that. Cute Marj! Love her and cute Gordon. I watched a video on him in Sunday school on and cried my eyes out. Those are gonna be big shoes to fill. tahnks for sharing that quote
That is one of my favorites as well. I have a framed copy in my bathroom that I like to look at every now and again. (even if it is caked with years of aerosol hairspray!)
Post a Comment