Thursday, February 28, 2008

SOLD

It is true my friends..... after 11 LONG months of having our house on the market.... TODAY the papers were signed and we are FREE (of that mortgage)!
You see, this wouldn't be such a HUGE relief or such a glorious day EXCEPT that we have had our house under contract (thinking it was sold) 3 different times and more than 10 offers!!!! Yeah, can you say enough to drive someone INSANE?!?!
I have to say, that this last year has been the MOST stressful time of my life! (and lane's i am sure, but he holds it together better than i do!) I have had sooo many sleepless nights and anxiety attacks cuz the thought of 2 mortgages was almost to much for me to bare! Lane and I were talking about how the most frustrating part of it all was "thinking" we had it sold 3 times and then because of finances and the lending companies buckling down so tight (so people couldn't afford the mortgage with the added mortgage insurance) and then having it crumble on us every time!!! Soooo I quit telling people that we had buyers when I realized that meant nothing...... til the papers were signed, sealed, and delivered!
Our home we are building will be done soon so the timing was PERFECT. Well, not perfect. 1 month after putting it on the market would have been perfect BUT it is a HUGE blessing to have it sold now so no complaining for us!
I will miss our Orem house and hope that the people moving in are GREAT neighbors to our friends that are still there! There are a lot of people out there that are not Utah fans but I am one. I love the mountains, I loved our area, I love my in laws that are there, and the restaurants!
I am sorry for all of you that were sooo excited to hear "my secret" and are let down to know it is just this. But for those of you that know how long and what we have gone through to get it sold you probably understand why this is such WONDERFUL news and deserved its very own post!!
Also, this is good news for everyone!! Now you don't have to worry us calling you and asking to borrow $$! (hehe)
Thanks for being patient and waiting til Thursday. I didn't want to jinx us AGAIN!

12 comments:

Audrey said...

You were right Karen, Becky, Bobbi, Shanda, and anyone else that I talk to on a daily basis! Thanks for putting out the "good vibes" for us!

Mardi said...

Aww...relief. What's it like being mortgage poor and not even living in either of your own houses? j/k Congrats. So now I should expect payment on those loans.... :)

LD said...

Congratulations! I am so glad for you that your house sold.
Who is LB? I am your cousin, the one who was mourning about moving to Utah County about the same time you were mourning to leave it. One of the saddest days of my move was trading in my AZ auto plates for UT ones. It was even sadder to trade my AZ driver's license for a UT one. As long as a person keeps a good driving record, an AZ license is good until the person turns 65. In my AZ driver's license photo I was in my 20's and fit. Now my UT driver's license shows me as I am, fat and 37. Bummer reality.
Anyway, congrats again.
And now that you've laid your egg, go ahead and cackle.

Kim-may said...

yay! Lee and I were just talking about this, im SO happy for you guys, its about time you got a break!

Karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I really doubt that my parents will have neighbors as GREAT as you and Lane and your boys! I'm excited for you and your new house. Please don't forget and not come back to see me when you are in the area. You can always stay at my house. We have an air mattress....we are thinking about getting a queen bed for visitors too.

Anne and Wayne said...

We are happy that you are able to move on with your new home; we have been hoping since you put your house on the market that you would all would go well with you. But--we want you to know that we do really miss you. No matter how great our new neighbors are, they won't be as great as you. At least if you couldn't live by us in Utah you get to live in IDAHO!

Becky said...

YAAAA!! Can I get a halelujah?!! I just know how relieved you guys are!! Now all you have to worry about is us moving into your new house with you.... Slide over roomie we're comin' in!!

hmmm said...

I knew it! I knew it! I told you I knew it and I knew it!

Rasmussons said...

Hey Audrey and Lane:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Considering how the market is right now, this are just great news. Now you are 100% moved to ID. So when will your house be finished? Hopefully, someday we can pay you a visit. I already told York that after he is done with school, we are moving back to the States. There is nothing like home. I love the USA!!!!! So you never know, we might end up close by.

I love this blog stuff, but I am such a novice. Tell me how do you add the list of friends and family on the front of your blog. I cannot figure it out. If you could enlighten me, I would surely appreciate it. Hey, by the way since this is the week of good news, I might as well share some with you guys: #3 is coming in August. We'll find out whether is a boy or a girl in three weeks. So we'll keep you post it. Sorry, this is more of a letter than a comment, I got carried away, oh well!!!

the waites said...

Congrats!!!!! Im sure thats a huge relief! Go out for a fancy dinner:)

Kellie said...

That is the most glorious news I've heard all week! Congrats! I know you were feeling the weight of it and I'm so tickled that no mas!

Unknown said...

Way to go guys, what a relief!!! I know your new neighbors will never love you as much as we did!!!!