Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How could I forget....

The Utah State Fair!!! There is something about a fair that sure makes ya feel like a kid again! I remember going to the Blackfoot fair growing up and it just being so exciting! Going back (to the SLC) fair wasn't as exciting as I remember it being years ago but it was still FUN! It is amazing how much money you can blow at one of these suckers! The boys rode a few rides and really enjoyed themselves!

I was wondering.... was the day after surgery a little too soon to let Cole hop on a roller coaster?? NAHHH! He loved it and the airplanes and the train ride! I highly recommend the little 4H club farmer theme maze they had going there. Sooo fun for the kids. Quite educational and it was TOTALLY free! They even got to buy a treat at the end with the fake money they made doing all the farming chores and planting and picking veggies out of the garden... too cute!






LeAnn and Lane enjoying some good ol' fair grub!
OK lets just talk about the fried ravioli I enjoyed! (yes i said FRIED) Honestly if I wasn't jam packed full I would have gone back for MORE! By far the best fair food I have ever had! That being said, I did about crap when I got 6 ravioli's and a diet coke and the bill came to 10bucks! 7 bucks for those little suckers.... but I would do it again!

Let's do it again next year shall we?!?

15 comments:

Amanda said...

I feel the same way about the kababs at the San Antonio Folklife Festival every year.

Robin said...

I saw a commercial for the fair and they mentioned deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Oh man, I wanted to go there just for that. I think they will fry just about anything at the fair. I'm not complaining. I say keep up the good work.

hmmm said...

when i glanced at the pic with you & the ravioli i thought you were wearing a t-shirt with the Hooters logo across the front...... then i realized it wasn't. i realized that it actually says london. close enough.

Nash said...

I want some.

Lucy said...

For a fair, (which I'm usually not a fan of) that looked pretty fun. My favorite pix is the one of the boys in their FFA jackets!

Bobbi said...

The educational thing looked so cute and fun for the kids! Hey, new shirt? I likey.
Next year I will give you $1.50 if you let me have one of your ravioli. Sounds delicious.

Karen said...

That looks like so much fun. Ethan would love to love any of Dawson's dinos that he is done loving. Just let us know!

Holly said...

I love the fair!! I love the fair food too! Your pictures made my mouth water!

Denning Domain said...

Yum girl... Dave isn't much of a fan of fairs so we rarely go. But dang all that fried stuff sounds fabulous. Looks like you had a great time. Tell Lane to give Dave a little chat about going to fairs...dads don't have to like it, its for the kids and to be together, right!

Erin said...

I love the fair, and that fair looks way funner than the Blackfoot! You have such a fun little fam and I hear it will be growing soon - Congrats!

Becky said...

Looks like a fun day... I'm glad Coley was feeling sooo good!! And I haven't kept up on blogs, so tell Dawson Happy Birthday... we have his present ready and waiting for him!!

Unknown said...

can I just say you look amazing?!?! what is going on over there in Idaho, do those girls keep you so busy cutting that you have no time for food? Just come on back to Utah where the good stuff is ;D

the waites said...

nothing like white trash food!!! Thats the only reason I go to the football games:) I love fairs!

darling pics.

alicia said...

Audrey, What a cute family you have!!! Your boys are sooooooo super cute and sweet. When are we going to see each other???? I would love to see ya! I have been to the mini bazar and have seen your cute mom and sisters, I'm sure they think I am a crazy, I always get your phone # from them and then I can't find it!! Drop me a line sometime, I have not joined the craze and created my own blog yet,SOMEDAY!!! aliciasnarr@hotmail.com
270-1576

Angie said...

Hey Audrey! I have been trying to get a hold of you! I don't have your number and have been by your house, but to no avail! I was wondering about that hair appointment! Could you email me your number so I can call you? That would be awesome! angmikesell@yahoo.com. Thanks Audrey!