Well, it stared off REAL early! He came in our room about 6am asking if he could play with this floam stuff Gma Lucy got him. Well, while playing with that he realized... HEY, I have other presents to open! So he then begs to open them. Sorry dude, not at 6am! If you know me, that is WAY too early even for opening presents. So I told him he had to wait til the clock said 7:00 (hoping he would fall back asleep.) No such luck. He opened our blinds in our room and said the sun is out guys GET UP! Then he went and woke up Cole and our day began!
For breakfast he chose Swedish pancakes with powdered sugar and they were delish!
I then went to help my mom at the Mini Bazaar and the boys went out to my parents to watch the BYU game (wowza by the way!).
They came back into I.F. to pick me up and we went to Blast Off. (what mother forgets her camera on her first sons 5th birthday?? me!) It was a lot of fun. The boys were playing hard and running like crazy. You order Pizza Hut pizza while there and they deliver it for you and it took forever!! I am talking like 2.5 hours! Are you kidding me?! Good thing we weren't super duper hungry or things coulda got real ugly. The lady was real real nice and gave us our money back (16bucks) for the pizza and gave us 2 play passes to come back and 20 extra tokens and free root beer! I guess it pays to be patient and not complain!
The boys were loven playing every game in there 8 times each! Lane and Daws hit jackpot and won 374 tickets on one game! So when we turned in our tickets the boys had some good pickens with 652 tickets! Even I was a little excited about the winnings!
Then on our way home... they both fell asleep and are snug in a bug in their beds.... FUN day!
The boys were loven playing every game in there 8 times each! Lane and Daws hit jackpot and won 374 tickets on one game! So when we turned in our tickets the boys had some good pickens with 652 tickets! Even I was a little excited about the winnings!
Then on our way home... they both fell asleep and are snug in a bug in their beds.... FUN day!
Lane makes their cakes every year and was bummed with this one. I thought it was still pretty cute. Daws really isn't into Pirates or Ships BUT this is what Lane found at the dollar store so this is what he got! He had a dragon one last year so when he asked for another one this year Lane didn't want to have to live up to it.
Love ya D-Dawg! I am grateful for you in our home and for the great example you are to your little bro. You are such a thoughtful little guy and so aware of others. You are a smart 5 year old and we are sure proud of ya!
(p.s. I can't believe I have a 5 year old....weird!)
14 comments:
Thanks for chatting this evening little lady!
I can't believe you have a 5 year old either. That went by quickly.
I especially love the pictures with the gifts over his head, oh and the bed head too.
Two and a half hours holy cow. Paul and I got a meal we didn't like last night and they comped it for us. Always nice to get a free meal.
You are still Young, even if you have a 5 year old. IT is shocking though. I know how ya feel with an 8 year old. I am losing them already. aghhhhh=)
Happy Birthday Dawson!
Happy Birthday to Dawson! Sounds like you have had an eventful week. You are so nice with the compliments on my blog. Of course miss Megs did the cut. I don't know if I can post a pic of the real deal just yet. It might look like I am really obsessed with my hair and myself. Maybe I can figure a nonchalant way to give the goods. I can email you but I mean is that taking things too far. Oh and if you decide on a chop I think it will look darling on you. I think you have the face for short hair too. Sorry about the long comment..Yipes.
Cool bike! Cool cake! Cool kid!
Good fun for a good boy, heh?
Happy Bday Dawson!
Happy Birthday, Dawson. You are all your Mother says you are and more. I love you much and miss you.
Gram Fern
Happy B-day Dawson!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Dawson!!
P.S. I think that's so cool your grandma fern checks your blog.
Happy Birthday, Dawson! What no dinos for his b-day?
I bet he won the most tickets won EVER at BlastOff! Kid heaven.
I think the cake looked great.
Wow! Time flies, my oldest turns 5 too. I forgot you had your son the first part of this month and I was the last! What a cute little man!
happy birthday D-Dawg!
(it was so funny to me that he had a running tally of presents. he was P.U.M.P.E.D!)
Post a Comment