So I decided a few months ago that I was going to go ahead and get EXTENSIONS! I have been growing my hair out for 2 months now and it is almost to my shoulders. Well, now I am having second thoughts! My friend Meg's says to do it fo sho! Then my mom says No Way! So I am wondering what you all think?? Please even if we aren't wicked tight pals, leave your opinion! I really want some input on this plan of mine!!
Here are some of the pro's and con's that I have come up with.....
+I am 30 and this may just be the last time for me to have long hair!
-Short hair is in style
+I can pull it up into a nice thick pony
-Take longer to do it, when I do it
+I can feel pretty
-I have had them before, (it was artificial and they sucked!)
+For a drastic change
-Someone asked me what my hair looks like styled the other day! (growing stage sucks)
+My friend Meg's does them fantastic!
-It might not suit me. (looks and personality)
+Only lasts a few months if no likey
-Only lasts a few months if I likey
As you can tell I am having some serious back and forth issues with this... not that big of a deal I know and so very vain BUT please, what do you think??
If pictures would be helpful I will add some later on.. I have a little monkey on me begging for "PBSkids.ord" After he is done playing Curious George and Caillou I will find some pics to post.
35 comments:
I know this might make you MAD, and it is unlike me. BUT...I don't know what you should do.
I guess if it's cheap then do it, and if you hate it, it won't last too long. I'm sure as far as how it looks, it will look good so don't worry about that.
Also, can I get in on this deal? where is MEGAN??
Don't do it, I saw pictures from before. That is definitely not the woman/barbarian that I married.
Lane
Barbarian??? You may want to pick up some dinner on your way home from work! And find a cozy little hotel to stay in!! It is true that they were not beautiful BUT this time it is real hair and will be much better!!
Heck yes, do it now, while you can 35+ is all about short and sassy, unless you are 6 feet tall and weigh 97 lbs and then you do what ever you want because people are only looking at your implants anyway.
Sure, do it. Unless Lane really doesn't want you to. You won't be able to get away with long hair when you are old and grey (unless you turn into a nasty granola hippy type) so I say do it now. And what a perfect time... you are moving into a new neighborhood/ward so if you do it now and move in that way then people won't think you are weird. I would do it if I could. Do it for those of us who can't.
P.S. Short hair is in style you say? Yay!
Long hair just doesn't seem like you, Audrey!! You have such a fun personality and I think your hair totally matches it. Barbarian or not, I would still be your friend!!
Short! Short! Short! It's my Favorite! Just think about the sofa table down your hallway you could buy with that money....or a big beautiful mirror for right above it...or a nice big clock in your new living room!!! I think you would enjoy those items more??
Since I'm considered somewhat of a professional...I say go for it! I mean, growing hair out is bad enough, give yourself a little nudge in the right direction! It's temporary and it will help with the awful grow-out stage! I'm growing my hair out and if I could get extensions, I would!
You are crazy to still be talking about it. I may have a pic from last time if you want to remember!
Maybe I shouldn't bring it up, but I am the one that cut your hair off short in high school without your consent. A short cut (with a shape and styled) is always so fun & classy.
Sure! Change is always fun. I love my long hair. Ponytails keep it out of my face, but it can look so pretty when I do it and it's just fun. Go Long!
Audrey, you said you already decided! Just go with it - if you like it, great. If you hate it, you can go back to what has been looking good on you already. By the way, when will you be opening up for business here in Ohio?;) (Just some wishful thinking)
Have fun, whatever you decide.
Yeah you can go back whenever you want, but will the money come back too?......I didn't think so!
Your supportive husband,
Lane
Why not?
Gosh, I dunno. Bryan's wife has them, and Mike says they aren't even great, still frizzy. I know they are expensive. But if you can get a deal, a HUGE deal, and you just want to see... but I really like your short hair.
Hey Audrey:
I love reading your blog. You are such a fun person. I feel like I am talking to you when I read it. Well, back to the hair extention subject, I say: Go for it!!! Live life with no regrets!!!
You are beautiful anyways, so you can pull out anything.
Did Lane pick up diner? LOL
I'd say no on the extensions. But, I will still love you either way.
If you take up smoking, I guess it will be all right.
From your Dad
I say do it! You only have one life to live and if you are like me, which I think you are, you want to try everything once! Seriously, just do it! And if you do I better see some good pictures! You are making me want to get some extensions!
You are the funnest, happiest person I know, you could pull off anything. From a girl who has doen every length, I say go for it. You still have like 60 more years to do short some more! Love ya!
I agree with your dad, not that you should pick up smoking. I know life is hectic, but business in front and party in the back is not the answer!
Lane
Hey from a short haired friend I say no way jose' you will always rely on the good old ponytail for your go to hair do and I paid a lot of money for human hair ones and Ben told be I looked old fashioned and frumpy but on the other hand I am like you and say if I hate it just take them out. I had lock ones that you can reuse if you want so if you can do that why not when you have short hair you always want to know what it would be like to have long hair and now days wonder no more (thanks to the poor orphans in Russia who get paid to whach their hair off). So I really say go for it and get it out of your system if they suck you can take them oout. Let us know the decision. Love ya Allie
I say keep it short... You already had the feeling of being a chemo patient from the last time as they started to fall out!! Plus you have cute short hair... I wish I could have short sassy hair like you!! I have to live through you... in fact I'll sneak in and help Lane give you a nice haircut-- while you're sleeping!!
Do not let all of these retards talk you into it. DON'T BE A DORKA SAKA!!!
Please no one take that last comment personal... that would be my "sweet sweet" brother. He claims that he never reads blogs (esp. mine) but now we know the truth!!
K, I have never seen so many comments on a blog. You are so popular! I think you should totally do it. Why not? Besides, 30 is not too old, but 40 maybe is for extensions, so why not do it now. Just remember to post some pics-I want to see what you look like with them. I bet they will look DANG good. Ha ha, that is a total Idaho word!
-Saundra
So tell us!!! What are you going to do?!
Lane kills me!!
Hurry and do it...what are you waiting for. Besides when your older you have to have short hair anyways. You dont want to be the old lady that cant part wth her hair..you know the type. Lane I wanna see the WILD Barbarian!!
sorry that was me not Nat
Oh the suspense........What's the verdict?
Audge:
As the manly man that I am, I don't know that I really have an opinion on these matters. All I will say is that I like you just the way you are. The real reason I am responding to this comment is that just a few days ago I was chatting it up with my parents when my mother turned to me out of the blue and said, "Do you think Audrey should get extensions or not?" Not only did I not have a clue what she was talking about, I also had NO IDEA that Muranaka Madness was such a popular place...
Oh my stars I'm been giggling so much during this read...Brett you kill me!!
Okay I won't lie, the last time I saw you with extenstions I #1 was not prepared for it #2 like you said they were not real hair however #3 I never thought Megs hair looked like a mullet and you don't have have hair down to your back but it could be fun to change it up. Don't forget...Lane's not the only one working in that house. (hehehe sorry I threw you under the bus Lane, I still heart you!)
Don't do it. I had them for a long time, they're not worth it. Especially with 2 little monsters. I doubt Lane will be overly pumped at running his hands thru a bunch of nubs, not to mention hair shedding ALL over! Plus, I love your hair short. How's that for an opinion :)
What does your hair look like styled?
ha ha jason! you really oughta check out your wedding album... cuz that may be the last time it was styled! hehe
Post a Comment