Sunday, March 23, 2008

A List......

A few reasons I love living in Idaho....

-when I paid my babysitter (she is 12 and brings her little 8 year old sister that the boys LOVE) she gave half of the money back to me and said "you pay us way too much". (what the... are busy tomorrow?!?!)

-Most of the people here are good, simple, and happy people. Not that other places we have lived didn't have people like this, just seems like MOST the people here are that way. Don't need all the extra stuff to be happy.

-It is fun/nice to live so close to my family. (even though we miss Lane's side a lot!)

- The open spaces! It will be so nice/weird to have a whole acre of land to take care of! (I know you Idahoans are thinking, "an acre, you silly city slickers! we live on 8 acres!) Coming from our 1/4 acre (if that) this is HUGE to us!

-Lane loves his job! After experiencing the time in our lives where he HATED his job we have realized how important it is to the whole family to enjoy what you do... cuz the emotions follow you home!

-As a kid I use to LOVE going swimming at Green Canyon and now my kids get to go there and they love it too! (we need to go more cuz we haven't gone in awhile. The boys even jump off the diving board!)

-I have been doing a LOAD of hair lately so it is fun to meet new friends/clients and old ones too!

-We have been able to build our own house and it has been a fun/exciting process! People say that if you can build a house together and stay together that is a good sign. I promise I am not just saying this but I seriously can't think of one thing Lane and I have argued about this whole time! (meaning the house... not daily life and other topics! If I am being honest)

-We get fresh potatoes!! Not the mini ones ya buy at the grocery store...the good biggies ya get out of your uncles cousins cellar!

-Dawson loves his little preschool and not only does his teacher do a GREAT job it is SOOO cheap!!

-Where else do you see pet Llama's and pet Buffalo on your way home from school?? the proof
-My friends from high school and I constantly say "let's get together!" and NEVER do it! (but now that we ALL live back here we can do that cuz I am sure we eventually will!)

-You don't have to share the road with too many peeps. When we first moved here Lane hit a deer in our old Honda. (not sure why that made the list)

-We have had to be creative and think up a lot of things and activities to do inside since it has been so cold and snowy! (good attitude huh... i could have said, it is so cold the freaking snow is still covering our lawns!)

-It has been a great experience to learn so many wonderful things from my cute little Gma. She has made me want to be a better mom, a better friend, and a better person in general!
-It has been fun to work for my mom at her home decor store. (on saturdays when i am not doing hair and lane is home)

-We are going to buy a half a beef and put it in our "new" deep freezer! (sorry all you vegetarians out there.... I am pumped about that... gags me to have to buy ground beef at the grocery store for some reason)

-I like that when my house is ready to move in.... I have a decorating team that can help me decide where everything should go! hint hint Mom, Bobbi, Sylvia, Millie, Grace, Becky, Geri, and all you decree's!

-I am glad for all you friends and family that blog so that I can keep up on your lives and not feel sooo out of touch and far away!


why do you love where you live??

20 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great list! I am so happy you love where you live so much! We are going to buy a side of beef too when we get to the new house, isn't it so exciting!!!

Lucy said...

Good job on liking Idaho, Audrey. I knew you really did, even when you were acting like you preferred utah. Yea!
By the way, just what are you going to do with that acre??

Audrey said...

i have no clue... maybe plant some grass, a few flowers, a shrub or two, a garden with mainly peas in the pod, and swipe some of your mature trees to plant! that is what i think we will do.

Karen said...

Will you and your peeps come help me decorate my house?

Natalie Hall said...

oh my geez louise...can you please narrate to all my pictures. You are the wittiest son of a gun!! I heart Idaho- no you da hoe. Sorry I had to, I couldnt resist. Im so glad you posted this because seriously everyone from Idaho is the hardest workers and most humble people. You would like living in Anywhere though, thats just your personality. I will give my big bootay a push so you can have some of California's amazing weather.

Natalie Hall said...

and that was rach not Natalie..oops

Becca's Blog said...

I heart Idaho too, big time. But right now I am in Spain which I love big time too so I thought I´d leave you a comment so that hopefully you´ll get a little dot on your map in Spain which I know will make you way happy. By the way, I went to church yesterday with York and Luly and kids...they are so great! And...thanks for cutting my bangs in the Cheveron parking lot at 11 P.M...you are awesome blossom, extra awesome.

Nash said...

SOooo......DOES this mean AZ is out of the question?? HUH??? I am a little saddened by this post, knowing we will never again be neighbors.(paul did ask about ID) It did make me feel a little nostalgic for IDY-HO! I always feel that when I go there. It's been 4 yrs since I have viewed it's beauty. OH BUT DON'T WORRY, I am heading there just as soon as you move in. Remind Lane about that, don't want to scare him, with myself and my 3 kids. I don't cook either, so we'll work something out. Maybe I can iron his shirt or bring him some POP (or soda and you idaho folk say) oh and "dang" that was the word of choice by all during my summers there. Dang cute, or dang cool, or dang WHATEVER!!! i think it'd been a week so hopefully we can catch up somehow today. Watch DWTS too, or else!! Can't wait for some CRAIGO's, and some MIllhollow, FONGS, and the dollar theatre. Bring it on!

Nash said...

OH, and I SO want to be on your design team. WAHHHHH, I also could use them to come to my house. When will you ever come here? I think you are afraid of AZ. You should come now, cause it's 90 today. Do you want to hang out for a day in SL for my 30th bday???

Becky said...

You forgot to add how excited you are for your new roomies!! Iknow it was an honest mistake... we'll be there on moving in day!! Move over Coley I'm bunkin' with you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to break the news to all of you, but no one is moving in or making any unauthorized visits. I believe in being hospitable, but come FREAKING ON!

Lane

Kim-may said...

i moved to idaho because i heard you were. thats why i live here.
jk, nice blog and your house is looking good too!

Battfam said...

I went to your house yesterday. I LOVE it!! I hope things dry up so you can get concrete and get moved in.

Bobbi said...

I love where I live! I love the town, the people (except a few), my ward, the neighborhood. I bet you will just love having your acre for your kids to run wild on. Boys need space to kick and throw balls! Just a few more weeks and you'll be loving where you live even MORE!

mickelsenfamily said...

Hey Audrey! I came across your blog and wanted to say hi. Everywhere I go people know you. A lady in my ward asked if I knew you. Her name is Melody Case. Anyway, just want to say hi. I love this blogging thing. We like to keep up on ours and enjoy reading others. Jaime (Zweifel) Mickelsen

Cassie said...

Alright, I'm finally breaking down and commenting on your blog. Are you happy now?
I was starting to get home sick, till I saw the ugly buffalo and llamas. j/k
Hey, we'd like to set up an appointment with Lane, for a vist, in July of 2010.
Everyone loves Idaho. Anyone that goes out there from here (Ohio) comes back asking why on earth we left. We are still figuring that out. Oh well, at least Ohio has it perks too. Nothing like 'Home Sweet Home' and Ironport & Cherry Sodas!

SHELLY said...

Hey Audrey,
Saw your post....snoop! I've snooped yours since Cas pointed it out to get me started!
You know why I like where I live despite the dangerous animals (and that doesn't even include my children)
Anyhow, I put a link to your site on mine since your sis is my best buddy in the world!
Shelly

Kellie said...

Audge
I LOVE your family's new Spring photo! Any chance I could get the jpeg sent to me so I can make a copy???
Miss you big time!

Mandy Eames said...

I love Idaho because you can get super cute decor at the mini bazzar! I wish I lived there! Tell your Mom the wreath survived, sort of, it is slightly bald now, but is still looks pretty good. I love your family, they are so dang nice!
You really need to go to see Alicia's baby, they are all so happy and darling! Ahhh, good times!
:o) Mandy

Denning Domain said...

Okay you are cracking me up. I was just complaining all day how bad i hate idaho, now i feel like i kind of like it okay. Thanks for the guilt trip... ha ha...It definetly has some great things. I need to get your babysitters number though...mine is not so generous!