Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 13

Is the day Daws was born 6 years ago! Sometimes it seems like I have been a mom forever and other days I still feel like I am just a kid myself!
Well, since his birthday was on Sunday, we had his "birthday party" the day before (which i will post some pics later). Now I am going to post some pics from today, his actual birthday!
If you are wondering why there are no pictures of him opening his presents it is because he got up at 4am to open them! I was so out of it when he came to my room to ask me if he could open his presents now I told him "just a second, i will get up and come out in a bit." Well, when I looked over and saw the clock I realized that it was 4:08 I thought to myself YEAH RIGHT and rolled back over to go back to sleep. When he came back a few minutes later I told him "hey, it isn't morning yet so don't open your gifts yet" he said "ummm mom I already did!" geesh he is fast!
Anyways, he got his church clothes on and went back to bed..... then it took me almost 20 minutes to get him woken up to go to church! we were very late to say the least!

He has been wanting this remote control motorbike for awhile now and he finally got it. So you know he was out of the car door and in the drive way giving it a go!


We then packed up a little picnic and headed over to Tauphus park and had ourselves a little picnic and some fun times. (Cole insisted that Mia ride with him)


And then of course Dawson needed a turn as well.


We ate lunch with Alvin and even shared our bread with him.


Mia and Lane had some quality time together why I ran around the playground snapping shots of the boys.


Not sure what is going on here... maybe just a little photo shoot.


Hello Hello Hello hello



Right back at ya!


Swinging little monkey


Two swinging little monkeys. Look at Cole's face... he wasn't too interested in making it across.


A little self portrait! I look like I am suffering from allergies!


Ready Set Go... Dawson's butt hurt after this one!


We took the remote controls over to the baseball field cuz we soon realized that the ENTIRE playground was BEGGING to try it and I wasn't too interested in having it break the first day of playing with it... call me selfish!


Lane gave it a go.... Daws had to beg it back!


Coley liked seeing how far away he could get his to go from him.

Daws is an awesome older brother! He is a pretty sensitive little guy and notices other peoples feelings. He also likes to feel out the waters before he jumps in. He started Kindergarten this year and so far has just loved it. He loves to learn and he loves to please people. He also loves and insists on being the boss to his younger brother and most the time, Cole lets him. He is in that stage where you can't talk about something around him that you don't want him to hear cuz he is ALWAYS listening! I also realized I can't spell out things anymore cuz he sounds it out and figures it out! (even my swear words!)
He adores his baby sister and loves making her smile/giggle! He also loves sneaking up on me and scaring me...gives him such a thrill!
Anyways, we love having him in our family and are so proud of the little man he is becoming!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Dawson! I forgot he was on the 13th, exactly 6 months older than Laurence. :D

Becca's Blog said...

Loved the pics...

and Happy Birthday Dawson!

Oh, and to Dawson's mother, I LOVE the haircut. Thanks.

Lucy said...

What a fun day for your family. I remember doing that one time and thinking it was so relaxing and fun! You are quite the photographer, too.

Bobbi said...

Looks like he had a fun birthday and got a pretty cool b-day gift!
Hurray for Dawson :)

Nash said...

those are some stinking fun pictures.
love that lane is enjoying that gift just as much.
CANNOT believe he woke up so early. it's like christmas. that is a great story.

Cassie said...

Glad to see that Dawson had a fun birthday. Our boys got those same motorcycles for Christmas last year. They are a lot of fun.

Happy #6 Dawson.

Holly said...

How cute!! What a sweet post! Gosh, I feel the same as you, I still feel like a kid some days too. (Although after the treadmill those feelings are gone and I feel 90 again-hehe)! It is bitter sweet to see our little guys grow so old! He sure is a handsome kid (all your kiddies are sooo cute-especially that little Mia)!!

Jodi said...

WOW...I am in LOVE with your camera. The shots are spectacular! Okay, I need a new camera now....maybe some day when I am rich and famous!!!