Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's all good.

Have you ever been so tired you sorta wanna cry? Yeah, me too! (That is one of my excuses of not posting sooner).
Actually I can't complain. She is an excellent little baby! She eats good, she sleeps ALL the time, the only thing I have found she isn't fond of is cold wipes on her little bum.
I really am grateful she is such a sweet little lady cuz it has been a rough ride for Momma Bear (aka ME!)
I nursed both the boys. With the first it took a few weeks but we got it down and it was a good experience and we continued til he was 9 months. #2 was a rather painful experience BUT he refused a bottle so through the blood and tears we kept on clear til 8 months! Now with number 3 I thought I had things figured out.... apparently not. With in the first few hours of her life I realized it was going to be a painful thing and boy was I right! I will spare everyone the details (mainly for Russell's sake). I will just tell you this... I would rather give birth every day for the rest of this year than breast feed 1 more day.... I am not a cryer, and I was crying every time I fed or thought about feeding!
So, I decided to use the pump and see if that helped. Sure did! I thought "Yes, I can be normal again!" Then with little warning... BAM got hit with Mastitis! I was achy, shaky, fevery, migraney, and just not loving it.
Luckily I have a fantastic husband and great friends and family to help me out with the boys to get me through it and today I feel pretty darn good!
OK I will get to the good part now that I have bored you all with my sob story. Pictures of the little lady! At her 3 week apt. (well 2 week that turned into 3 weeks) she weighed 7 lbs and 8ounces and grew a few inches! 21".

23 comments:

Amanda said...

You're stronger than me! I tried to nurse Morrigan, gave up after two weeks, and didn't bother with the other two boys...

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Kim said...

Ok... I'm still a little surprised by all the pink in your house now. I'm so used to seeing the two little dudes and their boy gear. Love her trumpettes! Oh, and the painted finger nails - nice little detail.

Kim said...

P.S. It took me 6 months to feel semi-normal and not so teary. You are doing fantastic! And, you're a trooper with that breastfeeding thing. Ouch is all I can think to say.

Karen said...

I just have to say that I love looking at your baby girl. She is so sweet! I love the pictures of big brothers with little sisters, especially when they are being so sweet to her. I hope mine does that too! I hope you are now feeling better. I didn't like nursing and don't want to do it for too long with this one. But I heard at a nursing class that from the first drop of breast milk, the baby has gotten what he or she needs. Just a little does a good thing! Way to be a trooper, Audrey!

Lucy said...

Way to hang in there Audrey. I was so glad to see a picture of little Mia where she is awake! Very cute.

hmmm said...

weeeewph. that sounds like a pretty darn rough ride!
glad ya made it through.
(mad ya didn't tell me about it.)
and i heard from a reliable source that she also hates baths.

Holly said...

Ouch!!!! I am so glad to hear I have company in the breast-feeding thing! It has been so tough on me! I thought I was a tough Hamer farm girl and then I had to do that and I so agree! OUCH! So glad you have an alternative that works for you and baby Mia. She is beautiful and I absolutely love her clothes! Love the headband as well- she could make anything look cute!

Bobbi said...

I am loving her butterfly dress. Very sweet. Good to hear that you are doing better now and maybe "things" will start to heal and feel normal. :)

Becca's Blog said...

What a sweetie Mia is. Thanks for letting me hold her for like an hour on Sunday. I love babies...especially when they are young enough not to realize that you aren't their mom and start screaming and stuff.

And I'm sorry I even complained about my migraine on Sunday. I only had a migraine/Furness girl party hangover combo and not the migraine/mastitis/Furness girl party hangover thing you had going on. I'm glad you're on the mend though.

ang said...

oh audrey she is so pretty!!

so what are you doing now? still pumping??

Katie Miller said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Looks like you are rocking the pink!

merlene said...

Audrey glad to hear you are feeling better. She is soooo beautiful. Keep up the good work, take care of you all!! Merlene

Battfam said...

Glad you're alive and back to the blog. Sorry about your troubles, but it looks like she is worth it. Pretty dang darling.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you had such a tough go. I got Mastitis twice this pregnancy, the first out of 4 kids and it is awfulllll. You are definitely on the upswing though. ;D (if we say it over and over it will come true) She is so beautiful in her dress! And Cole, my goodness how big he is!!!

LD said...

Mass tight tits is the worst. (I got it so many times my husband who will not swear started calling it that.) I found a few things that help me, but I probably shouldn't provide the details here. Ask me if you ever want to know.
Mia looks beautiful in pink. And glad you are living through number 3. That is a whammy number.

Nash said...

2 weeks turned into 3. story of my life.
man, my bows are NOT as cute as those flowers you got there. she is so cute. keep pics coming.

Cassie said...

Glad you are feeling better!

After mass tight tits (loved it lu, can't wait to use that again) with my first, I called it quits and never went back. All four are healthy & strong kido's. So no worries.
Cute pics. Looks like fun at your house. I can't wait to hear how life is when she starts to wake up. HA! #3 is such a fun fun number.

The Wrays said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I understand the breastfeeding thing. It took me 5 months to get Madi to take me without splitting me open and getting blood everywhere. So kudos to you for trying!

Melissa & J.D. said...

Miss Mia is just beautiful! You must love having a little girl to dress in pink and with bows and flowers!
I hope you are feeling better now, Audrey! You have just got the cutest family...congrats!

Jodi said...

Okay, so I just LOVE the little socks that look like she has on little black Mary Jane's. So cute! I also love the butterfly dress. You and Lane make cute, cute babies...I hope for your sake Mia and your nursing "issues" don't totally shy you away from more kids, because Mia is just too cute to be the only Muranaka sister in the fam. Anyway, you are the best! Keep on posting pics of that little cutie.

Johnson Family said...

Congrats, she is just beautiful! I feel your pain, it makes me cringe to think I'll be in the same boat again soon. Keep up the good work, it will get better...eventually! Best of luck and congrats again!

Denning Domain said...

Oh girl... I am so sorry you got that, its so painful! I had such a hard time breastfeeding too. I dried up at 2 months with Alaina, i just don't make enough milk and that kills when they are latched on and sucking for dear life and all they get is a few tiny drops... ouch! Her pink outfit is ADORABLE! She looks like her brothers and is just beautiful. I am so glad you got a girl. It is truly the funnest experience. I am so sad Alaina goes to all day kindergarten this fall. What the heck will i do without her? Can't wait to see Mia!

ashlee said...

Yikes, I am so sorry about the feeding issues...I got mastitis with the first 3, by #4 I guess things went a little better. I hope you feel better soon! She is an absolute doll though...honestly I just want to come take her home and snuggle her! Keep up the great work and TRY to remember that this "sweet, sleepy, adorable" time doesn't last very long.