Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Name Game...

We are STRUGGLING to figure out a name for this little lady! She is coming soon too so it has me all stressed out! (dilated to a 3 this morning at my apt)
We have been back and forth so many times and thought our mind has been made up several times but then we go back to our list and start all over! Ughhhh
So here we are asking for your advice!!

Please pick your top favorites and feel free to add any suggestions you may think we ought to consider..... (sorry Aunt Grace, Lane says No Way on CoCoa)

Mia..... (like the way it sounds a lot with our last name)
Lucy... (it is my mom's name and oh so cute)
Lilly.... (Lane has really taken a liking to this one lately)
Reese.... (So cute but Lane grew up next to a boy named that and so he isn't so sure)
Ellie.... (has always been my girls name, but Lane isn't as excited about it as I am)
Emmie.... (sweet but may sound like a nick name??)

So that is our list... and a little more info than I am sure ya needed, but hey, that is how I roll...

22 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

I like all the names you listed... I would have to say that Mia would be my top pick just because it does sound good with your last name and even sounds a little Japanesey (whether it truly is or not). Can I say that?

And Aunt Grace...CoCoa??? Seriously, do you want her to turn out to be a pole dancer or something? I'm glad you and Lane have ruled that one out.

Don't worry, whatever name you chose will be great plus she'll be so dang cute it won't even matter if she has some weirdo name.

hmmm said...

ummm. yeah. might have been a tid bit too much info with the dilation talk.
but i am a little squeamish when it comes to matters of the deep insides.

i think you already know which one i'm all about.
(and it's NOT just a nickname. people ask me that about my name a lot. and i'm like, yeah. it's short for Gerald. why do you ask? come one. if people can name their child Cocoa then Emmie shouldn't be shoved aside. that's all i'm sayin.)

hmmm said...

and when i say "come one" i mean "come on" naturally.

Lucy said...

You will pick a good one, I know you will.
Here's a few....
Maddie, Marge, Marly, Maura, Meggie, Millie, Leigh, Libby, Camille, Corey & Esther
There ya go!

Becca's Blog said...

Sorry Aunt Lucy but Millie is mine. Hands off Audrey (and everybody else)! I still have 10 normally reproductive years left!!! It could happen...

Just kidding, you can have the name but if you use it then our kids can't be friends if I ever have kids.

Bobbi said...

Esther?? I choose...Mia & Lilly. Hopefully you'll have twins so you can you them both!

Lucy said...

Hey, I was just trying to list sme that she may not have considered. Do you spell Lily with one L or two?

Cassie said...

My Layne has always wished for a little girl named Lilly (yes, we wanted to use two L's). And, even if you did use it and by some crazy reason we had a baby and it was a girl....our family is chuck-full of names being doubled up so what's one more?!

BUT, since we seem to have boy babies and since I'm not expecting right now.........

Sometimes you just have to see the kid first. Two of our babies didn't have a name until we saw them. So far we haven't notice any long term scaring.

Hope
Cassie
Cally
Jill
Anna
Claire
Leslie

The Wrays said...

I like Mia and Lucy but that is my opinion so take it for what it is worth! Good luck with the dilation!

Angie Adam said...

I like Lucy and Mia =) I'm so excited for you!

Becky said...

I still think you should go with Lucy... But I do love Mia- if Jayce had been a girl he would have been a Mia... but he wasn't so he's my Jaycer-Man!! I also love Ellie and Emmie... in fact they're all cute!! GOOD LUCK!

Karen said...

I have suggested the name Lucy to Mike, but he doesn't like it as much, go figure, I love it. Mia is cute! And we used to want to name our first daughter Ellie, but that's a no go too. I really, really like that name too. And really, Emmie doesn't sound too much like a nick name, just a cute name. Have I helped you our at all? Sorry! We are up for suggestions for our little gal too.

Nash said...

so basically you are still confused.
you know how i feel about all the names.
i am not really any help, but i will always give you my honest opinion.
i am thinking that you will decide when you see her. although, I don't recommend waiting for that moment, or having too many choices at the hospital. makes it too difficult. BUT, for some reason i think that's how it will be for you and lane.
i assume since you aren't online or on the phone you are at the hospital. I HOPE!

Holly said...

Ok, Ok, you can totally use mine! Hehehe! Just kidding! I bet when you look at her you will just know. Whenever Jay and I had a name picked out for the boys I was worried that they could come out looking not like the name we picked out...you know what I mean?! I am all about giving kids a name that they can relate to though and so my poor kids have family names and I can tell them to return the name they have been given back to this person with honor...hope it works! ; ) So my vote would be for Lucy, cute name and it means something because of your mom.
Best of luck and I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful, pink bowed little bundle of joy!

Melissa & J.D. said...

I like Reese...it's just a little bit different and unique. Plus I think it sounds good with your last name. A woman I work with is expecting and said they are considering Leighton and/or Olivia.

I know that may not help but like many have said before...you will know when you see your beautiful little girl for the first time.

ashlee said...

Well, you have already received a whole lot of fabulous advice, but in case my opinion matters at all...I really like Emmie...I haven't heard it before and it is super cute! I even think it sounds good with your last name...but she'll be so cute she'll have a new last name in probably 19 years anyway!

Kim-may said...

mia. hands down.

Erin said...

I think you should name her Banjo, or maybe Wingspan. I really like those two.
(If you don't get it, go watch Baby Mama)
Good luck with everything!
I like Mia, Lilly and Reese.

SHELLY said...

OK....don't like Reese...boy name to me.
Lucy is darling and you never hear that anymore.
I met a cutie pie little girl in England named Hazel and it was so cute, another name we don't hear anymore and it made it sooo cute.
My thoughts.....Mia....don't care for it. Nope, not at all.
Lucy, love it. The old fashioned names are HOT RIGHT now and you don't hear Lucy anymore, which I like. I also like the name Grace. Sweet.
Lilly...cute but if it is between Lucy and Lilly...I would pick Lucy definately.
Reese (boy)
Ellie is cute but I know two Ellie's that are snobs so I wouldn't do that but obviously you don't have this problem, lol
Emmie....nah..won't sound good on a resume some day....
Gee- could I have been any more forward about this?

Mardi said...

I love the name Mia, but it doesn't really flow with my last name as well as yours. And I am glad NO BODY commented on Ellie, because it's mine...IF I have a girl. IF it's a boy - it's currently a no name.

Tami said...

AUDREY!! wow youre baby is so adorable! beautiful little MIA!! so cute we're going to have to come see her! all these new babies make us miss our little nephew and grand baby! well let (kendall) know if you need any help with the kids!

LD said...

Congrats! Mia is beautiful.
I think you should consider Fern for the middle name. I was hoping you would consider Fern for the first name. I considered it a bit, but it didn't sound right with my last name.
And I have to comment to Mardi-- I think having an Eli and an Ellie in the same family is way too confusing. Put a doll next to Eli, pretend it is your second child named Ellie, and try talking to both of them, calling each by name--way too similar sounding. But, Mardi, you can and will name your baby whatever you want and everyone around you will deal with it fine.