Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome Home....

.....from the Land of the Rising Sun!
As many of you know my in laws have been serving an LDS mission in Japan. It blows my mind that their 18months has come to an end already! When people say to them WOW did you serve the whole 18 months, that went FAST? They say, maybe for you but it seemed like a year and a half to us!
It was sure fun to go down this last weekend plus a few days to see them. When we pulled up to the house and Nobby came out to greet us it really felt like good ol times and they had never been gone.
When they left Cole was 18months and so when we were giving hugs and saying hello he quickly hid behind Lane and I's legs. It was kinda surprising since he and my father in law were the best of friends before they left. (he would bring him a balloon from Macy's almost everyday.... Cole thought that was pretty swell) When he saw Kitty at the top of the stairs he did give her a hug and quickly warmed up after that.

Opening their mission call and obviously pleased to be going back to Japan!I think they are about the cutest couple ever!
It was so fantastic to get frequent updates on how life was and all about the interesting food they were enjoying!Some looked real tasty to me, and some didn't.....I couldn't find one of the pictures of Nobby getting his drivers license there dang it! (he said that it was the hardest part of their mission for him....tough test!)
Also they sent me some AMAZING pictures of hairstyles of young people there. I can't find them either but when I do.... it is worth sharing! Quite edgy and somewhat frightening! I am sure they think the same of some of us here too.
Here is the Missionary couple at the airport...
I am sure the people of Nagoya are sure missing you and sad you are gone... but we are sure glad you are back!
You are such an amazing example to everyone around you. I have never met a single person that didn't just rant and rave about you both! You guys did such a great job raising your children which I am so grateful for cuz it makes being married to Lane such a joy! He is the best dad and husband I know and I would like to thank you for that!
Thanks for all you do and the light that beams from you both....
Kitty, now that you are back, would you teach me to hem my jeans? I have never seen such amazing work. (no offense mom, i appreciate your hemming too. Hers is just...different) hehe
Also, thanks for the happy coat, the dvd's (the boys watch them daily), the authentic dolls etc. It was like Christmas!
WELCOME HOME!
(oh yeah, if you are interested or wondering, their "mission report" will be this coming Sunday at 1pm at their church house.)

6 comments:

LD said...

How great to have your relatives back! Grandparents are the greatest kind of relatives. Hopefully you will be coming to Utah a lot now. And will be able to cut my hair and Ellen's too?? We hear you have a treat drawer.

Nash said...

Ok, why am I crying?
I am such a boob right now.
I still want to see pictures of your hair. I'd like to pretend I had a small part in it.
Great pictures, can she teach me how to make some gyoza? I think mine are failing a bit lately.
They seem like such a neat couple.

Lucy said...

The Muranaka's are great people. They look like they had a wonderful time. Dawson & Cole are so glad to have them back, though! After you learn how to hem like Kitty does it.....will you teach me?

Battfam said...

Nobby and Kitty look great and that food looks fabulous. Besides the hemming, learn how to do the food so you can teach us too. I'll bet the Muranakas are excited they will be here for your new baby.

Kim said...

Ferny (I don't think I've called you that in a while...)

Ok, did you get extensions? I noticed the other comment about your hair. I want to see a pic.

So glad Kitty and Nobby are home safely from their mission. I would like to visit Japan one day. It looks like a beautiful place.

Juliann said...

Oh, wow! I'm sure they were terrific missionaries. . . we really loved Japan while we were there, I can only imagine how cool it would be to stay 18 months and really get to know the place!