Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Haka"

Ever since Dawson went to the BYU football game with Lane he has been obsessed with the Haka. He thought it was the coolest thing EVER!
(for those of you who haven't been or heard, some of the players do the haka before the game) It is actually really cool I must admit.
My sister in law works at BYU and is usually over or has to overlook the multi cultural activities, including the Luau. It is my all time favorite activity to attend because I think the culture seems so passionate and the Samoan Slap dance and the Haka are just sooo fun to watch! (it almost chokes me up every time for some reason!)
Anyways, as we were searching for a good video of the BYU football players doing the Haka for Dawson's pleasure we came across the "Missionary Haka" which I found very entertaining! (lane thinks that they may have a bit too much time on their hands to tape this...)


9 comments:

Holly said...

I love it! My friend Amy is married to a Samoan. Their wedding reception was so cool and then for his side of the reception they had it at the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu...she has some amazing memories. You should click on her blog at my blog, her name is Amy and on an August entry she posted some of the pictures from her receptions...they are so amazing!

Bobbi said...

How in the world could a person not want to become a newcomer (member) after watching that! I would like to witness the real thing someday.

Cassie said...

I'm not sure what to say.

Lisa said...

I'll send over a copy of last year's BYU Lu'au DVD. It was our best one ever...and Dawson can learn all of the dances! Then he can learn the real thing instead of the missionary version. :)

HiccupMeL said...

Ok, I totally have tears in my eyes. That was an awesome video!! And, I have to say, I have always had what I call "International Envy". Some people have the coolest traditions & history! I guess we have the square dance?

Battfam said...

Although I had never heard of the Haka, I was totally impressed. I'm thinking of learning the missionary version and performing it for the next zone coference. Do you think I could get sent home for that?

hmmm said...

I really really wanna see the Haka in real life.
so, uhhhh, ya wanna invite me next time ya'll go to a game?
thanks.

Lucy said...

I've never heard of the Haka, either. I like the Haka. I really would like to see Millie & her gang do it, too!

Unknown said...

you had Joe watching all the haka you tubes, those are really cool!