Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Random Update

Remember us? Yeah, it has been awhile! I have been going through a blog break I guess. We have been pretty busy around here, just not blog posting type of stuff... unless you wanna see my latest haircuts and colors I have done or the many paper clippings from the boys art projects or a million pictures of them riding their bikes. I have been keeping super busy with hair which is nice. I like the social interaction and I have a passion for doing it I guess. Oh and the extra money sure is nice to have! (esp. when you are wanting to put in a yard, a sprinkler system, the tree's, and everything that it involves.)
We really have had quite a fun summer. It makes me sorta sad that it is all coming to an end. With all these kids going back to school (even though i only have a preschooler) I just think ALREADY?!?! Seems like it soared by.
Dawson is so very excited for school. We went to register him and he was all smiles. I wondered if I shouldn't put him in because he went to one last year and one this summer but he just begs! I enjoy him being around and wouldn't mind him just being little for a little while longer!
Cole is in such a funny stage. He thinks he is a full on comedian! If he isn't saying something that "he" thinks is funny he is pulling crazy faces or doing weird little flips on the floor to get a laugh out of ya.
Lane is getting SO very excited about BYU football beginning! I have a feeling we will be traveling up to Utah a WHOLE lot starting the end of this month fI or the home games. He went to every single game last year and I guess didn't think it was too big of a hassle...we shall see. BYUI has been out on their 7 week break for the students and faculty. Lane and his office still work through it but I think it has been a nice break to have a quiet office and not a whole lot of students needing his assistance.
Me, hmmm I am good. Just doing hair and trying to keep my house somewhat clean during the days. We are getting ready to go to our little "Simmons" family reunion at Bear Lake and I (and Becky) just finished up making 6 pounds of ground beef into Polynesian meatballs for our night of dinner! They smell and look delish!
This is turning into such a boring post I am going to just leave ya with a few pictures to excite things up!

Feeling pretty big! I am surprised that Daws let Cole have a turn driving but he did a great job!
Good thing it doesn't go very fast or I mighta been a little nervous!

Mr. Coley Man

Daws Man

I must have done a little too much hair this day. I came up and found Coley looking for a snack.

In his shirt and undies.

Daws NEVER naps and Cole does occasionally these days. We had played outside and got all dirty and so I tossed them in the shower and they scrubbed up and enjoyed themselves for about 20 minutes. When I wrapped them up in their towels and layed them down on my bed while I went to get them some clean clothes (I was seriously gone no more than 5 minutes) this is what I came back to! It was amazing to have them both asleep and the house to myself so I had to snap a picture!

11 comments:

Nash said...

Nice to have you back.
I love it when you post.
Well, boy now that you will have just ONE kid at home....you know what that means!
MORE HAIR!! Just kidding.
Can you please schedule me in for sept. 22nd?

Lucy said...

Good post you busy girl. You've had a busy spring/summer and now it's fall. I'll bet it's busy too, and such is life!

Nash said...

It's 4 am here and you are supposedly online, but I don't think you really are.
How I wish you were.
I can't sleep...............................AGAIN!

Battfam said...

I love that little four wheeler. It reminds me of that little motorcycle Toby had as a kid. Looks like you had a fun summer.

Bobbi said...

I love that last picture. Talk about a mom's dream come true! Get ready for another busy fall coming right up.

ashlee said...

Hey girl...sounds like a great summer!! I know what you mean about doing hair...I feel the same about my photography! It just gives me something that makes me feel like "ashlee" instead of just "mommy". Your boys are getting so big too! I love what you said about Cole being a comedian...my kids all think they are pretty funny too! ha ha

Anonymous said...

Audrey, I haven't read you blog forever. I enjoyed 5 or 6 of them just now and they are fun. You have a handsome husband, darling kids and you are just great yourself.
I love you all/
Grandma

Holly said...

Cute towel picture!! I love it. When they are big football players you will have to show that picture at a football get-together or save it for the graduation movie...wait they are still young let's not think about all that just yet!

Amanda said...

Audrey! I happened upon Luly's blog today, randomly (how's that for amazing) and saw your comment! You guys look so great! :)

Anonymous said...

AUDREY!!!! Oh my goodness!!! I have been hoping to find you for years and years with no luck....until now!!!! It's me, Keysha! (from the 343 salon days) I could never remember your married name, but just today I was going through some old stuff and found your wedding invitation! I'm so glad I found you! You have a SUPER cute family...your boys are so handsome! I'm so happy for you! I have tried out a whole bunch of different stylists both here and back east and not one of them could even come close to how amazing you are! I'm dying to catch up and would love nothing more in the world then to have you do my hair! Would you possibly be up for that? I'd be happy to drive up to Idaho...let me know what you think! You can email me at StarliciousRuby@aol.com. Hooray!!! I hope to hear from you soon doll face! Oodles of love!!! :)

SHELLY said...

Hi Audrey!
Funny! Gary's dad was born and raised in Bear Lake. one of 11 kids! So Gary has spent almost every summer there until he went on his mission.
Love their Raspberry shakes...did you get one?