Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crazy hair day...

So this may or may not look too crazy to some of you.  If you are wondering what is so wrong about it, it might be time for you to update your hair style!  So Dawson begged me to let him grow his hair out last year.  I did for a few months and it was shaggy, sad, and he looked a little unloved. So I told him I was gonna cut it but since "Crazy Hair Day" was the next day at school he talked me into cutting his hair into a mullet.  Well, maybe I talked him into the mullet (aka business up front and party in the back, or the shlong) but he was all over the idea when he saw what a "mullet" was.  It isn't the good ol' classic one you see quite often floating around these parts but it was decent enough for a 6 year old!
No judging cuz I cut the back off the minute he hopped off the bus.  This year for crazy hair day we cut it into a full on Hawk.  I should snap a shot of it before I chop it off.  Again he looks a little shaggy, sad, and unloved so I need to do it soon!  Oh yeah, and no offense if you have a mullet or your boyfriend or your mother in law has one.  They have been trying to come back for years and in Europe are quite the thing so you aren't alone.  Try as they may i don't see it ever making a full come back though!)
Dawson kept saying "YEAH BABY!"  Cole kept saying "Can I have a bullet too?"

8 comments:

Rachel Burt said...

YEAH!! I'm so happy you have FINALLY updated your blog! Our blog has now gone 'private' so send me your email address so I can send you guys an 'invite'

Battfam said...

Watch, we'll all have "bullets" in a year of two.

Did you mean by full on hawk that the sides were shaved like an Apache? That scares me.

Cassie said...

Yeah Baby is what I was thinking too. I was also thinking of relatives.

Becca's Blog said...

Haaaaaa, I love Dawson's "bullet!"

So funny. Just be careful with letting him grow his hair out...it could cause problems later in life (as it has with a certain relative of ours!)

Robin and Stephenie said...

Love it! your such a fun mom. Robin had a mullett in highschool and to this day he is somewhat proud of it! SCARY!

Robin and Stephenie said...

Love it! your such a fun mom. Robin had a mullett in highschool and to this day he is somewhat proud of it! SCARY!

Lucy said...

I never knew that Dawson got all "Achy Breaky" on us! wow, that is pretty awful. Good thing he's so dang cute.

hmmm said...

FAVE part of this is the last photo—Coles little smily face peeking in the mirror.

And Daws looks real awesome rocking the red-neck-hipster-punk look.