Monday, August 10, 2009

Going.... Going....

Almost gone!! How sad is that? Summer has just flown right past us! I guess it isn't officially over so we should just enjoy our last few weeks! Here are the boys being boys! I love Cole's mustache the most... looks like a little Hitler! They have been a little obsessed with these fake mustaches all summer. They have saved up a bunch of quarters and then when we are in town they both buy a few and just giggle!


The boys have been riding their bikes like CRAZY this summer! Everyday, most of the day! About a week after Daws learned how to ride his bike with no trainers He taught Cole how too so they have been just tearing up the street with all the cute/fun little neighborhood kids! Here is a pic of Cole after he biffed it on his "big" bike. The scrapes look worse in person. Anyways, after we cleaned him up he told me that his big bike was grounded from him so he was going to just have to ride his little one from now on! Uhhhh tough life being a kid I tell ya!


Ding... Dong... Guess who? That's right! Two of my besties rolled into town, and it was a surprise! How fun is that? We had a great time! We played a little Rock Band. Talked. Showed each other funny things on YouTube. Talked. Went to Craigo's pizza. Talked. Bought awesome mustaches. Talked. Shopped. Talked. Got ourselves some pedi's. Talked, and took the boys for a 4wheeler ride! Thanks ladies for making the trip up, it was just what I needed... a little lady time!


Summer in Idaho wouldn't be complete with out a little fishing! Lane has taken the boys just twice but they sure loved it both times! They brought home that nasty little thing and asked me to cook it up.... YEAH freaking right! I don't do fish... esp. baby fish! So we put it in our fish bowl til it died... sad.
Daws has absolutely loved soccor! He is actually quite good at it too! His last week game he scored 3 goals! He is not very aggressive BUT he is super competitive so he goes for it! After his first practice I asked him how it went and he told me "I like it and I will probably be a professional someday" I told him he totally should! I also asked him if he liked his coach, and he told me "Yeah, except sometimes I can't understand him." I asked why? and he told me "cuz I think he speaks Chinese" I said "really? what is his name?" and he said "Carlos." (hmmmm)
This week is his last game and I am kinda bummed! A) we will be gone and miss it. (luckily gma Fern gma Lucy and gpa Jay will be there to root him on! B) cuz I love watching little people play soccor. The little piles they get themselves into and no one dares kick it out cracks me up! It has been a fantastic summer! Hope you all had a good one too!

12 comments:

hmmm said...

i think you all look pretty fantastic with facial hair.
but that's just me.

Battfam said...

I am impressed that Cole can ride a bike and Dawson looks like he is an awesome soccer player. What fun.
I can't believe Mia. Has she ever worn her Havaianas yet? If not, I'll bet they will be too small next year. She's growin' like a weed.

Becky said...

Wow you really covered it all!! You have been busy! Maybe you should stay home from NYC and I'll go instead...hehe!! Have FUN!

Lucy said...

Looks like your kids have had a great summer. Dawson looks like a little Indian, he is so brown. Coley is an impressive bike rider. Very intense!
When you get back, you'll really feel like it's fall. Sad, huh? When does school start anyway?

Bobbi said...

I too love watching kids play soccer. It is probably one of my favorites. I am glad he loves it and can't wait to watch him on t.v. one day!
Have a fantastic trip to the Big Apple--

Angie said...

What a great summer...funny how we're so ready to see it end! I love your blog. You always make me laugh. You'll have to fill me in on all the NYC deats!

Dust said...

Ok, I'm still laughing as I write this comment. The boys are growing up so much! Who would have thought Cole would look like Hitler? Glad you had fun with your girlfriends. You deserve it!!

Unknown said...

love love love the hitler mustache!! How fun to spend time with your girls!!! The boys are as handsome as ever and I love the soccer pics!!!!

The Wrays said...

Looks like so much fun. You're boys are so adorable. I still want your recipe for your meatballs. My email is tyandjilindawray@gmail.com. :)

Juliann said...

Eeekk! So fun to see those familiar faces here! Hi guys! Sounds like fun, just like the good ol' days.

It's a Wonderful Life said...

Your summer sounded great! I to am in total shock at how fast it went. But hey I do love fall, just not winter. Also I need some of those mustaches, where did you get them? We need to hang out sometime, for reals. Lets plan something

Anne and Wayne said...

Cute kids, Audrey. We still miss you guys. Oh, and Karen's Ethan would KILL for that Bumblebee costume.