I am going to be honest with ya..... I freaking LOVE NYC! There I've said it! Lane goes to there for work once or twice a year and so I decided to join him on one of his trips this year. I loved almost every second of it! (not the times when my feet hurt so bad from walking 8 miles and not the time when I ate lunch about 2 ft away from the Naked Cowboy by myself... I felt like a perv! or not the time when... oh wait, i am not going to tell you about THAT time!) We didn't take as many pics as we should have. I think you are moving so fast and there are so many things to see and so many people that you get back to your hotel room and think, hmm we didn't take any pics today did we?! Well, I plan to go again and will take more pics then! There is still so much on my list that I didn't get to do or see! We left all 3 of our kids with my family (thanks a billion guys) and went solo. I have to say I was stressing out a bit about leaving my 5 month old. I was feeling guilty and pretty sad til we hit the East Coast and I thought to myself... "holy crap! I can't imagine trying to get around this city with a baby strapped to me!" I was sweating bullets as it was! The humidity is a killer when you aren't use to it! The night before we were coming home I called my mom to check on the kids. She asked if we were ready to come home (thinking I would for sure say YES I miss my little baby)but instead I said "man I wish we just had one more full day here!" We did miss the kids BUT we had a FANTASTIC time!
alright... sorry the pics aren't in any good order BUT this post has already taken me ummm over a month!

Lane enjoying the most delicious dessert chocolate dessert in the whole world! It was worth the $12 bucks per plate!

Me pumped to be there.... This was my first time, Lane has been there a few times and knew I would dig it!

So I thought the menu was so cool! Loved the story behind the inspiration of his restaurant.

It was midnight when we got seated to have dessert! This place was bumpen! It was like a normal Charlie and the Chocolate Factory type a place!

At the Met's game. They won! Here is Lane and our New York friends.... Marty and Sheila (said with a NY accent of course!)

So we saw this creepyish Santa Claus while we were at Central Park... Wish you could see him from the front!

Our hotel was 2 blocks from Grand Central Station that I swear we were there ALL the time!

Had to take a Subway shot since we got very familiar with it! I was sweating bullets down there! The lower ya get the hotter and hotter it gets! I swear I would be so skinny if I lived there! (hmm there's an idea?!)

I just loved this cool looking door. It was in Little Italy. The place we at the best pizza of my entire life! John's Pizzeria...to die for! (Lane wasn't as passionate about it as I was. He prefers Chicago style.) Not me, I like to bend it in half like the locals!

Lady Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry ride.

We were total tourists and took the bus tour.... LOVED IT!

On our way to Magnolia's (for the 2nd time) we stopped off at the Today show. It is a lot more fun to watch it now that I have been there!

Lane at the Yankee's game. This was his highlight for sure! (even though he is not a Yank fan) He got hooked up with the Legacy Suites tickets! Dinner, snacks, beverages, and awesome seats!


We got the boys these huge syringes of chocolate from Max Brenners and let me tell you, they were delish!! They were so pumped to see us (or their surprises) but either way it was good to come home to our little family!
Lane is going back in a few weeks for work and you better believe we have a list of things he needs to bring us home and 2 of them may or may not be cupcakes and choco syringes!
18 comments:
LOve your pics! That one by teh door is awesome! Looks like you were taking your senior pics! Anyway I am jealous and am def going with you next time
N.Y. sounds like a blast! It's on my list of places to go too. If that ever happens, I'll consult with you first so I won't miss the hot spots.
NYC is awesome. I was there twice in 2007 and miss it so much. You're right about losing weight there, though. I lost a lot and I was only there for 5 days! So much walking and sweating, and then you move so much you forget to eat!
Sooo jealous. I went on American Heritage and NYC was by far my favorite. I would love to take my family but the hubby is kind of a country bumpkin. So..can I come with you next time?!?
I was wondering what those syringes were full of!! I wish that I could live in my own town and have all of my favorites (restaraunts and shops) right there with me! Wouldn't that be dreamy! By the way I love that Lane wore his BYU hat to NYC and that you stopped and said hi to Matt Lauer.
You do know how to have fun Audrey. I always wonder how you just know where to go and especially where to eat?? Good instincts! I think I'd like to go to NYC, too. Never been there.
hey this has nothing to do with NY but i saw your cutie in that bumboo and was hoping when you are done with it you may want to sell it to me I have alwasywanted one but not a pricey new one and not a used one from someone I don't know so if you are willing to sell I would love it. let me know and if youwant invited to my blog let me know noelle_taylor@msn.com thanx
Fun, Fun, Fun! I am jealous. So glad you were able to go off on a little adventure. Cute shoes with the green skirt.
We'll be here during Thanksgiving.
So jealous of all the fun traveling you get to do! Also, big props to the family for helping you have a few days away! Looks like the kiddos had a great time while you were away but nobodys quite like mommy (especially when she returns bearing gifts!).
Love hearing about this.
I can't wait to go!
1 cupcake for me and 1 cupcake for you.
perfect.
how did i miss this post. it's a perfect nyc post.
so can he bring me back one of magnolia's brownies too? those syringes are awesome. that is a must eat next time for me. LOVED john's pizzeria, but you know that. we went twice.
ohhh i want to go back. oh and that is donna, on that sex n city blog.
Audrey,
You are as backed up as I am....I need to get a post together...I need the time!
I am so glad to see your pics of NYC! Can I just say JEALOUS!!! It would have been so fun to be there with you, I just love to see people's expressions in that city for the first time because you really do see a lot of memorable firsts there!!
Love the chocolate syringes, ummm...wish that is what you got at the doc's office!
Love the pic of you in front of the old door, you are beautiful!
I love NYC too! We lived there for 6 months when we were first married and I have been dying to go back! Its so awesome! What a party place! Seeing all your pictures made me miss it so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time there.
Very cool. The chocolate syringes look heavenly. I wonder how they would do with chocolate cake batter???
Oh yeah, I can tell the boys LOVED the "Choc Shots." Ha ha. Fun pictures from NYC...makes me wanna take a trip!
what a fun trip! so cool that you got to go to TWO baseball games!! oh, and the chocolate sounded good too ;)
Im jealous, wish I could travel! So, I found your blog... and now I am going to Stalk You! LOL. OK. Hope you dont mind!
Post a Comment